Pages



8.10.2010

In Transit ?

From the moment we start school, until we graduate college, we live our lives in "school years time" You know, from September to June, with the long awaited Summer break. 

I never really thought about this until the first summer after my college graduation. To be fair, I had a month off before starting an internship at a CPA firm, which helped me ease in to this new life, without a summer break. 



At first, it wasn't so bad, because I felt so grown up, I was working, and was excited about being an adult. And then, it hit me: there was no more light at the end of the tunnel. 
I know it's a weird way of looking at it, but since then, summer doesn't feel right to me anymore. I feel like I'm in "transit" from the moment kids are out of school, until the end of August. I have this feeling as if I am constantly missing out on something, because I am at work all day long.

I miss my TV shows, college football, the cool weather, but mostly, the feeling that my life is back to it's normal routine. I don't even know if I'm making sense, but it's just a silly feeling! 

Needless to say, I am loving the fact that kids are going back to school, that we are so close to college football kick offs, that my TV shows are starting back soon, but most importantly, I will feel "normal" again at work...because, well summer is over, so this is where I should be! 

Haha I don't even think this post makes any sense, but I'm OK with that. I think we can all agree with the fact that we all have random thoughts at times; but who knows, maybe some of us are actually thinking the same things?!

What do you think about living in actual calender years rather than school years?! 

I guess once I have children, I will live on a school year calendar basis again. Or maybe, just maybe, I still have not accepted the fact that I am now a grown up :)

2 comments :

  1. I agree with you. I have two kiddos, and things just feel "off" in my schedule during Summer vacation...I long for the days when Im driving to work and see a teenager walking down the street and think to myself "why isnt he in school"? lol...have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you. Love your blog! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!