I think I can speak for everyone when I say that there is no better feeling than Friday mornings, when you know it's the last day at work, that you get to sleep in tomorrow, and if you are me, Friday mornings mean "cheat breakfast!"
I am sitting at work, drinking my Friday morning White Mocha from Starbucks, and counting down the hours till I'm off work! Today is extra special because M boo has decided to take me on a date night :) I love dates nights even more when they are unexpected. Boo suggested that I had a long week at work, and I could use a relaxing night at one of my favorite restaurants. When did I get so lucky?!
Here is your "fill in the blanks" Friday! Enjoy!!
1. Birthdays are: bittersweet. I don't know what it is, but I always get the Birthday blues. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't like to be the center of attention, and I get so shy. On the other hand, I LOVE other people's birthday, and will try my best to make them feel important on their special day!
2. My favorite birthday memory was when I turned 20. It doesn't seem like a big, but in France, 20 years old is a big deal (since we don't have the whole 21 y/o to drink etc..) My parents planned a surprise party at one of our favorite French restaurants in Atlanta, and invited all my friends, our family and close family friends. It was so much fun, and I got drunk with my dad for the first time ever! I also received a right hand ring from my parents, with 9 diamonds in the shape of a flower.. I haven't taken it off since. I was the most beautiful/meaningful gift I've ever received.
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is my mom always makes our favorite meals, and no matter how old we are, birthday cake and candles :)
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose this is a tough one, but it would probably be my mom's breaded chicken with her homemade tomato pasta. simple, but to DIE for! oh and of course, chocolate mousse cake is a must!
5. My birthday is on November 7th. Scorpio :) .
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go it's sound cliche, but I would pick New York City. I've never been, and I am DYING to go visit! Being from France, I've been lucky enough to travel around Europe, so NYC is definitely my top choice .
7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was I mentioned the ring my parents gave me, which was by far the most meaningful gift I've received. If had to pick the coolest/most fun gift, it would have to be my first Ipod. While in college, I was a nanny for the same family for 5 years, and a year after I starter working for them, they gave me a pink Ipod mini for my birthday. They used to see me carry my "disc man" around, and I think felt like it was time for an upgrade. I thought it was the coolest gift ever!
HAPPY FRIDAY, AND HAVE AN AMAZING WEEKEND!!!