Pages



3.16.2011

Gleeking Out And Wedding Cakes

It is no secret that I love Glee.  If you follow my tweets, or have read my blog long enough, you know I am obsessed with the show.

So, let's talk about last nights episode.  The Glee club finally made it back to Regionals, and won.  Why I the only one moved by their "original" songs, and Rachel Berry's performance?

I don't know if it was because I've had an exhausting past couple of weeks, and the stress of leaving my current job is finally catching up with me; but I cried my eyes out during her song "Get It Right". 

via - I wish youtube had the episode version available 


Michael calls me a "Gleek."  I think he is right.

Yes, I want Rachel and Finn back together.  Yes, I hate Quinn and I think she is evil.  Yes, I think it's awesome that Blaine and Kurt finally got together.  Yes, I am  a Glee nerd - and I own it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you are still reading - I'm sorry if I officially scared you off with my Gleekness. We all have flaws, right?

Well, I know today is Wednesday, which means: Wedding Wednesday! 

I've been going back and forth trying to decide what kind of wedding cake I would like.  Is that too greedy to admit that I would like two wedding cakes?!  Let me explain. 

I really want the French version of a wedding cake; which essentially is about a hundred little cream puffs filled with either vanilla or chocolate cream, covered with a caramel glaze to form a pyramid of cream puffs.  I believe they are called "Croquembouche" in America.

If done the right way, they turn out beautiful - and so unique! 


via 
A part of me also want to celebrate the American tradition of wedding cake - which is where I thought "why don't we have two cakes?!"  Of course, with a French twist. 

I love macarons, and from the moment I started planning my wedding (10 years ago), I told myself I would find a way to incorporate them in my cake.  I can't really do a pyramid of macarons, because it would look silly next to the French version of the wedding cake. 

So I thought - why not do cupcakes topped with a mini-macarons? Cute, thought right?  Or course, I would love a full on big wedding cake, topped with macarons just like this one,

But I am not sure that I can afford two large wedding cakes.  So I might just settle for cupcakes topped with a mini-macaron.  



What do you think?! 

Welcoming all suggestions and ideas here! 

Happy Hump Day ladies!!!

12 comments :

  1. I am a gleek as well. yep. I even have roped my husband into watching the show...although he fake sings the songs in weird voices and does a lot of rolling his eyes. BUT, he yells "its back on!" after the commercial so I know that secretly he must enjoy it a LITTLE bit! haha

    I loved their original songs last night! So good!

    also, I saw your comment about running. I think I am going to do a post for beginner runners, so be on the lookout. If you have any questions though and want some tips sooner than later you can e-mail me! ashley@adventuresofnewlyweds.com

    p.s. Did I ever tell you how much I adore your name? I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched Glee! I know, I know. I'm living under a rock. We all have our guilty tv pleasures though, so no judging here:-) Those wedding cakes are so fun! I had a cake, so. kind of traditional, but it was different too. (My aunt made it and custom designed it). I love seeing something different though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I loved Get it Right and Kurt and Blaine finally getting together, I thought last night's epi was just meh. I kept remembering back to the last regionals, which was epic and I thought this one was sort of anticlimactic. Either way, I'm a Gleek til the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cream puff cake! and if you don't decide on going with two cakes, I LOVE the cupcake with the cookie. Ok, here we go again. I just come and see all these cool things you are doing with your wedding and totally wish I could do mine over again!! Oh well, I will just come to your blog and live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how beautiful! i love the 3rd one with macarons.

    ~ x♥x♥ :)
    ~ x♥x♥ :)
    ~ x♥x♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think you should try to find an affordable way to incorporate both ideas into your wedding. That would be so wonderful!!

    I totally love Glee, too! I just don't ever remember to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate to this post. I love Glee as well, and I consider myself a Gleek too! hahah Sometimes, I watch the episodes two or three times. :)

    I think that would be fun to have ideas in your wedding. The cup cakes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. two wedding cakes sound perfect! i would LOVE to be at your wedding haha.
    and i love glee! i just haven't properly followed it, i just happen to start watching random episode and realise how much i love it and always think "i totally need watch every episode" and now i REALLY want to because i cant believe rachel and finn arent together anymore and WHAT did Quinn do? i am defs going to get on to it haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. all those cakes are so perfect! specially the big one covered with macaroons :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love the cupcake idea! We had cupcakes at our wedding, they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a huge fan of cakes and cupcakes, so I'm also trying to figure out how to incorporate macarons into my wedding, but they are surprisingly expensive. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For my wedding we had mini cakes, they were a good size for two people, then we had a six inch cake to cut. We had them all set up together a decorated with flowers so it came together and looked as nice a a big fancy wedding cake. It be cute to do something like that with the macaroons on each cake.


    Enjoy,

    elena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!