Pages



11.23.2011

Thanksgiving Thankfulness



I've only been celebrating Thanksgiving for a few years, but  it has become one of my most favorite holidays. 
Maybe it is because it falls during my favorite season/time of year. 
Or maybe it is because I just love any excuse to get everyone together. 

Growing up in France, I never really knew what Thanksgiving was, or what it meant. 
My side of the family gets together for a big dinner, but I don't think it means as much as it does to people who were born and raised in America. 

So when I go to Michael's parents, I still feel like I am watching and all-American movie. 
His mom goes all out with the Fall decorations, and the food is always amazing. 
I love the couple of days off work, and how everyone just seems to be in the best mood. 
It's the best way to kick off the Holidays if you ask me. 

I don't really enjoy going shopping, and getting into the madness of black Friday. 
But, my yearly guilty pleasure is to go to Target, and shop for DVDs. 
Yes, I like collecting DVDs. 
And at $5 and $10 for new releases, and TV shows box sets, I just cannot resist! 

So in all my Thanksgiving thankfulness, here are the things I am thankful for: 

the important things:
-the most beautiful wedding a girl could ask for, shared with the most amazing husband, Michael.
-good health, a good job, food on the table, and a roof over our heads.
-my wonderful parents who no matter what gets in their way, always seem to stay positive, and to keep me grounded.
-my brothers David and Kevin, and my niece and nephews, Sara, Jake and Davis.
-my new in-laws, as well as Michael's brothers and their wives.  there are not enough words to express how thankful I am for being a part of their family.
-great friends who made our wedding the most memorable day of our lives.
-my French family who traveled all the way from Paris to be a part of our big day.
-Michael's mother who went above and beyond with our wedding decorations.
-Betsy and Allison - the best Matrons of Honor a bride could ever ask for.
-my awesome bridesmaids, because I would not have made it through the wedding day without them.
-my Dad's beautiful speech at our wedding.
-my Mom recovering from her knee accident, and her walking again.

the every day life things (in no particular order):
-unlimited music on spotify.
-all the amazing gifts we received for our wedding, especially our kitchenaid! 
-becoming a better cook for my husband.
-green tea.
-starbucks holiday drinks, and their cute red cups.
-my friend Amber, and our unconditional love for lazy days.
-facebook/twitter/blogspot.
-silly girly tv shows.
-my kindle.
-Fall season, and being able to wear boots and scarves everyday.
-thinking about getting a house next year.
-living 1.7 miles from work, and not having to worry about traffic - ever.
-Leo, James, Peanut and Jiggy (one day, I will explain).
-college football Saturdays.
-Falcons football.

I could probably write a novel just listing what I am thankful for this year, but I would say this sums up 2011 nicely. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving indulging in good foods, family time, and if you're from the South, college football of course :) 



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Photobucket

6 comments :

  1. gorgeous picture!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your blog but I really enjoy it!

    http://callchristina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you look gorgeous! So sweet, Happy Thanksgiving!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so sweet :) and i couldn't have said it better myself. being lazy, watching as much girly tv as possible, and our nights in buckhead are some of the many reasons why i am thankful for you. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J! I have to tell you something, I just spent the last half hour browsing your blog and it feels like we click, weird how that happens?! I am marrying the love of my life real soon - 3 months exactly and reading about your story just makes me so excited and nervous at the same time. haha

    I would love ffor us to follow each other ?! ;)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore this post. thanks for sharing, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!