Pages



1.31.2011

Weekend Musings

It was a beautiful weekend in Atlanta. Mid-60s, and sunny. We got to eat lunch on a patio, enjoy the weather with friends, and spend a nice relaxing weekend. 

We finally got around to go see Black Swan. It was one of those movies that simply leave you speechless. It was intense, dark, raw, and breath taking at times. I can't say that I loved the movie, because it is tough to "love" such a story, but I will say that I loved Natalie Portman's performance. 


She was able to lose herself in this role, and give her audience everything they deserve from such a character. There were so many questions that came through my mind as the movie ended; however, I quickly came to the conclusion that we are simply watching a beautiful woman slowly fall into insanity, as she is trying to overcome years of insecurities, and will to be perfect. She does this gracefully, evilish at times, but nonetheless beautiful.


Mila Kunis - I was actually disappointed with her in the sense that I was expecting a lot more out of her character. I was hoping for more. I feel like her character was really slow to develop, and it was difficult to understand what her intentions were. Did she really want to take Nina's place in the Swan Lake? I'm not sure - but she did give a great performance. It was a nice change from her usual roles. 



On a more fun note, I had a lunch/shopping afternoon planned with my bridesmaids Saturday, and I found my bridesmaids dresses!!! You have no idea what a relief this is for me. I feel like I have spent HOURS searching on the internet for "the perfect" dress. 

Everything I would find would either be way too expensive, or just not what I truly wanted. I feel a little weird about making my bmaids spend a lot of money on a dress they are going to wear once, so my goal was to find something cute, and under $150.

We went to a large bridal boutique and Atlanta, and after trying on about 10 dresses, they found THE dress :)


Now this picture does not do it justice, because the dress is in a shiny taffeta, and the color is "platinum." I wanted somewhat of shiny dress since our wedding will be outdoors. This dress, paired with bright orange flowers is going to look amazing on pictures! I can't wait! 

Oh yea - I went back to my original idea of an Orange & Gray wedding. I love it - and I am starting to put together so many cute ideas I will share with you in the upcoming weeks. 

I know I said I would do a Wedding Wednesday post, and I will. I feel like the planning is finally up and going, and I finally have somethings to share with you :) 

Happy Monday everyone, and have a GREAT week !!!

3 comments :

  1. Orange and gray will look awesome. Love the dresses you picked out. What a relief to get things checked off the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review of Black Swan, July!!! I really like your take on it. I sort of felt the same way about this movie regarding the great performances, etc, but it DID leave me feeling just ICKY and uneasy. It was strange! But I'm glad Natalie was nominated for an Oscar. She most definitely deserves it!

    Have a great weekend pretty girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I've been hunting for the perfect bridesmaid's dress, too! I'm the MOH for my bff, and she's letting us choose our own, they just have to be in the dusty pink color. There's a lot out there, but it's so hard to find the perfect one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!