Pages



1.17.2011

Blacked Out

Nope, I am not talking about how I ended the night after the Atlanta Falcons lost to the Green Bay Packers in our first playoff game. Although, had this been 4 years ago, I would have probably told you that yes, I drank my sorrows away to forget about what seemed like the most unreal performance by my Falcons. 

You remember how I mentioned that Michael and his brothers were borderline obsessed with sports? You can imagine the mood once the game ended. We all left the sports bar where we watched our team get spanked by the Packers - and left immediately after. The ride home was very quiet, and I went straight to bed as soon as we got home. 

 I still love you Matty Ice!!!

Oh no, I am not exaggerating when I tell you that Michael was on suicide watch all day yesterday, and that he even watched reruns of 90210 with me to avoid stumbling on any Falcons talk on espn/internet. Yes, we take sports to hear in this house - and this loss is going to be a tough one to get over.

I am still thankful for a GREAT season, and believe that Matt Ryan will lead his team to a Superbowl. I know it!

The reason for this title is actually a lot more fun (and girlie) than the Falcons loss. I had today off for for the Martin Luther King holiday, and after I spent most of my day cleaning, organizing and doing six (yes SIX) loads of laundry - I met my mom at the mall. 

I have a gift card to Zara, that my brother got me for Christmas and thought I would check out the sales. I did not find anything - too many "end of the season" clothes, and I decided I would just wait for the new collection. Well, I walked through the Nordstrom shoe department on my way out - and there, it happened. 

I went straight towards the Tory Burch stand, and for the millionth time, I tried on the Reva ballerinas. I actually asked for my size this time, put both shoes on, walked around, checked myself in the mirror - and without thinking twice I said "OK" the the salesman. WHAT?! I walked out of there, feeling like I had just blacked out!

Yes, this is quite the splurge. But I have been so good lately when it comes to shopping - and Michael gave me the go head, and said I deserved to treat myself :)

So, here there are - my new babies!!!! 


HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!

3 comments :

  1. I was bummed about the falcons loss too! Congrats on your big purchase!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i am jealous of your big purchase! love those flats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shoes!!! I can't stand football though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!