Pages



5.16.2011

Oh - Hey!


Phew – here I am – back on blogger.

I swear I haven’t just purposely quit on my blog, but I have to say that the last couple of months have been so busy that I decided to take a short break.  I did not want to post just for the sake of posting – and feel like I was forcing myself to write about something.

We have had quite the busy couple of months:  Michael’s brother’s wedding,  a new baby, another baby arriving any day now, and of course, my new job!

Most of my weekends were filled with bridal or baby showers, preparations for Betsy’s wedding (which turned out amazing), and the arrival of Michael’s (and mine!) first nephew Davis!  It’s amazing what a new a life, a new baby, brings to a family.  He is not even a month yet, and I feel like he has always been here.  He is the sweetest, most perfect little boy, and I am completely in love with the little guy.   

I mean, look at this little face! 

 Simply perfect.


I can't believe Betsy and David's wedding was over a month ago already - where does the time go?? 

Betsy did an amazing job coming up with beautiful and unique ideas for their big day.  We had such a blast, and I loved every moment of it. I am so happy for them - they are going to have a wonderful life together :)


It was great because it was also a preview of what Michael and I's wedding will be like, since we will probably have 50% of the people attend our wedding as well.  I'm not gonna lie - I thought we looked cute together as well :) 



I am getting more and more excited about our big day.  I can't believe it is only 5 months away.  Needless to say, I feel like there is still so much to be done.  

We took our engagement pictures yesterday, finally.  We chose Atlanta's Centennial Park for the location, as Michael and I both love the city, and thought it would make for fun pictures.  We had so much fun!  I can't wait to see how they turn out - and will definitely share with you as soon as I get them. 

My new job kept me so busy for the first month - and since I post a lot FROM work (I know, probably not the right thing to do - oops!), I didn't have time to get on blogger.  

I love my new company - it is quite the change from Wendy's/Arby's Group.  I went from a large public company, to a smaller private one. 

I used to feel so overworked, and mentally/physically exhausted all the time while working at WAG - and here I am now, working a normal 40hrs work week, constantly asking myself "where is the catch?"

When you go from large corporations to a company like this one, you realize how overrated it is to work for the "big names" out there.  I am earning more money, I have more vacations days, better benefits, and an actual work/life balance.  I may still be an accountant, but I am enjoying this new job a lot more! 

I am sorry if you have felt neglected over the past couple of months.  I can tell people get tired of waiting for a post - because you start losing followers.  I completely respect, and understand that. I promise I will do better :)  

Between our wedding, and all the festivities ahead, you are going to have a lot more coming your way - so be ready for an overdose of wedding related posts! 

Till then, I hope you all have an amazing week :)

2 comments :

  1. Glad you are loving the new job. Must be a nice change for you. I can't believe you are 5 months away! That will fly by!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!