Pages



2.02.2012

Change & Adjusting


 
I have to be honest with you ladies, I am going through a rough phase.
I knew this would happen, and I tried to prepare myself for it.

The truth is, I am not good with change.  At all.
I keep telling myself that this is temporary.
Three months from now, I will probably look back, and laugh a little.
But right now, it’s hard.  I don’t like it.  I want to cry a lot.

I’m talking about my new job. 
I know that starting a job is tough, and that it takes a while to adjust.
To understand the business,  your new role, your reason for being there.

I am lost, friends.  LOST.  I feel like I don’t know what is going on.
I know why I’m here, and what I am going to be doing.
But I don’t know if I like it yet.  It scares me.

I go home every night and I just cry a little.
Because I’ve lost my comfort, and my confidence.
I left a job where I felt smart, for a new job where I feel clueless.

I know it comes with the territory, and I know that it will get better.
I KNOW.
But I swear, right now, at this very moment.
I just want to cry.  I want to change careers.  I want to stop working. .
I want to have babies and stay at home with them.
I want to hide.
I want to seclude myself for a couple of days, and not talk to anyone.
I just want to feel comfortable again.
I want to wake up, and WANT to come to work.

Again, I know this is a phase. It will get better.
In the meantime,  I wanted to let you know that I am here.
I read all your blogs, because they put me in a better mood.
I’m still trying to adjust to this new schedule, this world.

Thank you for being here though.
Your comments, your sweet words, truly make my days.

:)

Photobucket

8 comments :

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry :( I'll be praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like we are in the same boat! I need to read more of your posts to get to know you better. My husband and I are in a new city, new job, new lifestyle, etc. And I always get really sad. I went through this about 2 weeks ago and felt so sad all the time. I really just think time heals everything. I know for me, I just had to finally talk about it. Bottling my emotions wasn't helping. I hope you feel better. I know how you feel and wish you comfort!

    xo.Britt
    www.themagnoliapair.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry you are going through this :( hope you start to feel better and more comfortable soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is so hard! It sounds like you have a positive outlook on things, and I just hope that day when you're able to look back and laugh comes sooner rather than later. Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel ya girl. I feel like none of the teachers at school take me seriously since I'm just a long term substitute. I sort of can't wait to be done and just be a nanny again.

    Things will get better though. For both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there girl! change is hard sometimes but it is usually worth it! Take a mental poll of all the positives and focus on them daily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh my gosh, it sounds like you are describing ME when I start a new job. I TOTALLY get it. I feel for you so much right now because I know how it feels and it sucks. It just takes time and we know that, but it still sucks in the meantime. You know you are smart, you have proven it before in your old job, right? And you will get there again.

    Lotsa hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have definitely been there! Just take it day b y day and stay positive, stay happy with life, and take this time to prepare to dave money for baby time and enjoy the journey. I am so sorry you are going through this and hope it gets better soon. Blog date soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!