Pages



12.17.2010

Fill In the Bank Friday

This is it ladies - we are officially one week away from Christmas Eve! Needless to say, I am starting to feel nervous because I know that I have SO much shopping left to do, and I am dreading the parking lot crowds! 

With that said, I just have to make through one more day of work before I can sleep in, and spend some time with Boo this weekend. I requested a "no plans" weekend so that we can start finish up Christmas shopping in time to cheer on our Falcons this Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks. Yes, this is true, the Falcons are 11-2!!! 

Enjoy this Friday's Holiday themed fill in the blank :)


1.   Giving is  what the holidays are all about. There is nothing better to me than seeing the faces of the people I love while opening their gifts. I always wait until everyone is done opening gifts until I open mine!  

2.  Receiving is   nice too...although now that I am getting older, I get a lot more pleasure out of spoiling my niece and seeing her enjoy the magic of Christmas. I think I enjoy getting gifts more on my birthday now - it just feels more special :)

3.  The best gift I ever received was  oh gosh...as a kid, anything Barbie related could make my day. But I remember one Christmas when my parents went crazy, and bought me the house, along with all kinds of accessories for all my Barbies! As an adult, I'd have to say that the best gift I've received so far has been my engagement ring :) :) 

4.  The best gift I ever gave was   I am honestly drawing a blank on this one - I feel like always try to get gifts that reflect the persons personality...they might not always be the best gifts per se, but I know that they are the best gifts for that person - if that makes sense!?

5.  Something intangible that I wish I could receive is    singing talents. I have absolutely no singing talents, and I would give anything to be able to just break out a song at any given moment (you know, just like the Glee cast! )

6.  Something intangible that I wish I could give is   patience. I wish more people took the time to take a step back and realize that sometimes, you just have to let time go by for things to happen/to get better/or simply change. I feel like most people expect things immediately - but most of the time, you just gotta work hard, and stay motivated, and good things will come to you :)

7.  The one gift I always wanted as a child, but never got was   one of those mini-kitchens. You know the ones that are almost your size when you are a little girl...gosh I wanted one of those so badly!

HAVE AN AMAZING WEEKEND!!!! 

2 comments :

  1. Great "feel good" post! Good luck with your shopping! I too, will venture out to the trenches -I mean malls this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh July, you and I have so much in common!! I always enjoy stopping by your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - your comments make my day!